A new year = 365 new chances to do good.
Goodbye 2019, hello 2020! With a new year comes new resolutions and a fresh start. This year, make a resolution you'll stick to and strive to do more good in your everyday life.
At Leesa, we strive to be Makers of Good. We make products for more good mornings and a good planet. And when you purchase a Leesa mattress, you become a Maker of Good, too. Every mattress purchased supports our One Good Bed Promise to provide beds for children in need. (We donate one mattress for every 10 sold!)
But doing good comes in all shapes and sizes. This year, do more good, whether that's buying products that give back or make a small gesture to a stranger or friend.
Check out these 20 ways the Leesa team likes to do good:
- Smile! It's contagious.
- Hold the door for someone. It's easy, takes little time to do and shows you care.
- Call a friend or family member you haven't talked to in a while. It can brighten their day (and yours!).
- Buy coffee or lunch for the person behind you in line. Then tell them to pay it forward to keep the good it going!
- Give someone a compliment. This may seem silly, but you never know what other people are going through and something as simple as saying "you look nice today," could make all the difference.
- Pick up any trash you see, whether it's in your neighborhood, at the beach or on the side of the road. (The planet will thank you!)
- Be a good listener. Sometimes, people really appreciate something as simple as feeling heard.
- Write a thank you note for everyday service. Leave a kind note for your mailman, package delivery person, dog walker, family member, friend, boss or coworker.
- Let someone ahead of you in line. Everyone is busy and saving a few extra minutes could make the difference in someone's day (especially when you're not in a rush).
- Give someone a high-five or a hug.
- Write a "just because" note or card to let someone you love know that you're thinking about them. You could even send a message in a sweet email or text.
- Leave a random note or sticky note somewhere. A simple "smile" or "you're beautiful" on the bathroom mirror could go a long way with a stranger.
- Donate your time. Serve others. Grab the whole family and volunteer at a local homeless shelter or nonprofit. Have a special skill like carpentry or artistic talent? Donate time to someone who could use your help.
- Organize a food or clothing drive in your neighborhood or at your office. It benefits people in need and brings the community together.
- Join a program like Backpack Buddies that provides food for kids to take home from school for the weekend. Also consider programs like Big Brothers, Big Sisters and local mentor programs as a way to do good.
- Think: TOP1 (the other person first). Take a TOP1 mindset and someone else before yourself. It will make a huge difference in your life and relationships.
- Try approaching every interaction you have with others by thinking "how can I help this person?"
- Surprise and delight your neighbors with something thoughtful like fresh-baked cookies or a homemade meal. It doesn't have to be something complex and involved to show you care.
- Bring new parents a home-cooked meal or offer to do something helpful like dishes or simple tidying up (or get some baby snuggles so they're hands-free to get a few things done!).
- Be as kind and loving as you are to a puppy and as respectful as you are to your boss to everyone.