Halloween is right around the corner. Have you figured out what you're going to be or are you still deciding? We're here to help, with 5 easy, last-minute costumes that you probably already own.
5 Easy Halloween Costumes You Have Around the House
1. Turn old sheets into a spooky ghost
Get rid of your old sheets and turn them into the perfect halloween costume. Cut holes for your eyes and draw on a spooky (or smiling) mouth. You can even cut holes for your arms. A big sheet is enough material for two kid's ghost costumes so you can be a family of ghosts.
Oh sheet! With holes in your old sheets, it might be time for a sheet upgrade. Shop our Bamboo Cotton Sheet Set.
2. Wear pajamas
This one is super easy and cute (although we might be a little biased). Put on your favorite pair of pajamas, wear a sleep mask as a headband and grab an adorable stuffed animal. If it's a cold night and you'll be outside, wear another layer under your pajamas or throw on a robe and some cozy slippers. Get the whole family to wear pajamas and have a true slumber party!
3. Build a robot suit from boxes
Use all those online shopping boxes (no judgement!) to build a robot suit. Use packing tape to assemble and spray paint your suit silver or grey and for a shiny, "metal" look. Top it off with some silver face paint and a silver party hat.
Psst! Our mattress boxes make the perfect robot suit.
4. Wear your favorite sports gear
Repping your favorite sports team is the perfect last-minute halloween costume. Put on your favorite jersey, hat and accessories and you're good to go. Take it a step further by wearing eye-blacks under both eyes or painting them on with face paint of makeup.
Bonus points if you have a pom-pom or foam finger. You're the ultimate fan!
5. Make a costume from clothes in your closet
Your costume doesn't have to be overly complicated or involve a craft. Look in your closet for inspiration. Here are few easy costumes with clothes you already have.
- Rosie the Riveter: an all-jean outfit and a red bandana or headband
- Men in Black: a black suit with a white shirt and dark sunglasses
- A bandit or mime: a black-and-white striped shirt with a black mask for a bandit and a white face and beret for a mime
- Twins: grab your partner or a friend and wear the same outfits, hairstyle and all!
- Cowboy or cowgirl: plaid shirt, jeans and a cowboy hat
- Dress as your husband or wife: raid your partner's closet and dress as they typically do
- Dress your kid as an old man or woman: a set of pearls and a cardigan or suspenders and fake glasses